Friday 16 December 2016

First Impressions

When the trip was first announced, in my mind I had no expectations. As Hampi was a place that I had learnt about in my past, as the capital of the great Vijayanagar empire. I had read about the stories of the great kings and the even greater temples that they had built in the name of their gods. Yet as I did not want my assumptions to ruin this expedition for me, I left for Hampi with absolutely no presumptions.

Though not easily excited, when we arrived at the ruins of the Virupaksha temple, I was mesmereised by the beauty of the temple. There were parts of the Gopuram were destroyed, probably by the past Mughal invasions.

The eight days spent in Hampi were truly enlightening and it has made me understand in depth about the thoughts of people about Hampi and it's present condition as a world heritage sight. 

1 comment:

  1. radha remove archive option so that entire blog can come in one go

    ReplyDelete